I offer customized tours throughout Florida for individuals or small groups. I have over 25 years of experience leading tours, am familiar with all aspects of Florida wildlife, and have an extensive knowledge of native plants, snakes, frogs, and many other critters you encounter in Florida.

Click for prices or contact me via email at SimpsonDavid@mac.com or phone (321-720-5516) to arrange a customized tour.



Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I managed to do some birding this weekend at our second annual Thanksgiving Family Weekend at Seminole State Park in Georgia.  The biggest day was Friday when I got 67 species in one long walk throughout the park.  Water levels were higher this year due to recent rains and the boardwalk was closed due to being nearly underwater.  I encountered a fairly large "river" of blackbirds, most of which were Red-winged, but there were many Brown-headed cowbirds, and undoubtedly a few Brewer's and Rusty blackbirds.  I keep trying for Fox sparrow at the park, mainly because I would then have Fox sparrow in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.  Years ago, on a family vacation trip, I got Fox sparrow in the last rest area in NC on I-95 south, then in the first rest area in SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment