Thanksgiving 2013

I managed to do some birding this weekend at our second annual Thanksgiving Family Weekend at Seminole State Park in Georgia.  The biggest day was Friday when I got 67 species in one long walk throughout the park.  Water levels were higher this year due to recent rains and the boardwalk was closed due to being nearly underwater.  I encountered a fairly large "river" of blackbirds, most of which were Red-winged, but there were many Brown-headed cowbirds, and undoubtedly a few Brewer's and Rusty blackbirds.  I keep trying for Fox sparrow at the park, mainly because I would then have Fox sparrow in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.  Years ago, on a family vacation trip, I got Fox sparrow in the last rest area in NC on I-95 south, then in the first rest area in SC.

Comments